Friday, September 26, 2008

Hello everyone,
For my first blog I would like to discuss the issue of affordable housing on the Mississippi Gulf coast. I am a renter and year end and year out I have seen the price of rent go up. I have been renting now for about 4 years. I've watched the cost of a Nice two bedroom apartment go from $600 to close to $1000 dollars. I don't know how single people can afford rent that high.
If you are a person on a fixed income, like most retirees, how do you manage living in that budget range.

These prices are rediculous, and someone should try to do something about them.


---Jbailey---

1 comment:

Gail Williams said...

That's the economy for 'ya! With the little cost of living allowances (COLA) and the infrequent minimum wage raises, that doesn't seem to help, besides the heat, the housing situation is steady rising.